Friday, April 18, 2008

All's Well That Ends Well

As the semester nears it's end, I can't help but reflect on what I've learned these past few months. I registered for this course because I really enjoy math and literature, but I really had no clue as to how the class would pan out. The first few days of class were rather interesting because we discussed topics that I had really never touched on. The weeks that followed really opened my mind to just how great the world of mathematics is and the importance it has in our society.

I feel slightly intimidated sometimes because my peers in this course are extremely intelligent. I've had the pleasure of collaborating with many of them on numerous projects throughout the semester and have really learned a lot from them. With such a diverse group of personalities always giving different viewpoints, I always feel like I'm being presented with new information.

Although this is my final blog post for this class, I envision myself writing about the topics we've covered in class in the foreseeable future. Most of all, I think that this class has given me a greater appreciation for others. I really don't think it's possible to live a happy, successful life if you don't interact with others on some sort of level.

To put an end to this spiel, I've enjoyed this class and I've enjoyed working with all of y'all. Math is so intriguing to me and I hope that all of y'all continue to appreciate it as much as I do.



Don't turn into this thing!

2 comments:

Ana said...

Speaking of thing, I watched The Thing yesterday at the Alamo Draft House. I was really worried because I hate scary movies, but that was really quite funny since the 80's films aren't particularly known for being scary, but rather for being super ridiculous. Anyway... Michael Jackson is scarier.

Lucia said...

Hahahaha. Obviously he never studied math.