Friday, April 18, 2008

the good bye blog...

Well guys, it's been fun huh? Blogging about stuff... yep.

Anyhow, if you guys are like me and want to read literature that is about math and not necessarily made for people who do not like math, check out David Foster Wallace's Everything and More. It is about infinity but not in a cheesy way. There is a considerable history of the subject. Everything from Zeno's Paradoxes to Cantor and more modern set theory and transfinite numbers. I don't know if you guys have read much Wallace but if you haven't, do. He's a very talented and engaging writer. As a result of this blog, I intend to watch more Futurama, so thanks to all those who posted about that. Yep.

3 comments:

Brian M said...

It's definitely been fun blogging about so many different things. I didn't win the best blog award but I did enjoy making them each week.

Ana said...

Quick question... what is this whole thing about the best blog award?
That sounds like a fun book... I'll check it out.
Blogging was kind of fun... in the end...

Ellen M said...

I will have to check out that book. I had never heard of Cantor until I did some research for our paper and he came up. Now he's popping up everywhere!